Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Broken Desk Lamp

I got this lamp from an ex. It was slightly broken then, but after being used for a while and I had to keep messing with it to get it to serve its purpose, it broke. Kinda like that relationship.



So goodbye Broken Desk Lamp. The days of you neglecting to hold your position and rotating down and blinding me on the way are done. I used up enough duct tape trying to make you work.

I have since replaced you with a better and more functional desk lamp.

The parallels between this lamp and that ex, and my new lamp and my husband are eerie.

Lets just say I am grateful for the new! It works, does not require extra attention to function normally, and makes me smile when I see it. Dunno why I let this old thing sit around in the closet for so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment